Reasons to be Cheerful #R2BC - Shut the duck up

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Hello everyone, time to link up and record the things which have made you happy, cheered you up, generally the little nuggets of goodness which can get lost unless you make the effort to remember them. Michelle the mummy (if you like) of this linky has handed me the baton of responsibility to host, so don't let me down! 


Firstly, forgetting about the crappiness which was last week, has certainly worked, as I feel 100% better. I don't feel as sick, or just generally yuck (is that a medical term? If not, it should be)

All helped, I feel, by a visit to see my daughter Amy in London for a couple of days. Was touch and go whether I'd be able to make it, but it all went swimmingly. We didn't go mad and took things easy, which can be quite hard when sight seeing in the capital. There is just so much to see! We did a lot of eating out, including a lovely chinese meal in China Town, took in a show (Woman in Black) and a quick whizz around Convent Garden (but of course) A river taxi gave me some great photo opportunities with my new super duper, too many buttons camera. I've yet to upload them but if there are any 'good' ones I'll let you know! 

I also managed to meet up with a couple of Amy's new friends, who of course were lovely. Generally a great couple of days spent with my wonderful daughter, who I keep forgetting is now a grown woman, building a new life for herself. I'm very proud of her.

Thank you Amy for a great time!

On the way back I popped in (like you do!) to my companies Head Office based in Hook. I've been off sick for nearly six months now and I was a little scared as I walked through the doors into reception. Don't know what I was worried about it, everyone was so friendly and supportive. Lots of smiling faces, exclamations of how well I look and hugs were great to experience. I even managed to inadvertently time the visit with a team member who has adopted an adorable little girl, just three weeks ago. It was fabulous to see them together and for me to imagine how their relationship will grow and flourish. Wonderful sight!

I also got introduced to the duck voice by the lovely ladies who are the PA's (Thank you ladies) They've all got little duck's on their desk to remind them that when the inner voice, the one which says negative, damaging things in your head to say back "Shut the DUCK UP!!!" 

Thank you guys! I love it, here's mine and I've added him to my blog to always remind me! 
Over to you lot, hope you have some golden nuggets to post and link! Make me proud and don't forget next week will be the turn of Julie over at Mama Owl

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better :)
    It sounds as though you had a great time with your daughter and the duck from work is funky, love it! x

    ReplyDelete