Straight over to Ellen
Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake
prep: 20 min
total:6 hr 15 min
servings: 16 servings
40 *NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
1 tub (8 oz.) **COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1. HEAT oven to 325ºF.
2. MIX wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
3. BEAT 3 pkg. cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
4. BAKE 50 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.
5. BEAT remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.
And in my opinion, what is vital to the success of your cheesecake --- add one egg at a time and don't overbeat, just till blended and not yellow-y egg color. Also, when about to serve, let relax outside of fridge for about 15-30 minutes
While you are at it, go and take a look at some of the blog swapping going on over at Trouble Doubled who has taken the time to organise all this, no mean feat when you see the numbers involved!
Did some research on alternatives
* Nilla Wafers - looks like ladies fingers maybe a good alternative or digestive biscuits.
**COOL WHIP Whipped Topping - looks like dream topping maybe a UK alternative.